Postcard Party - Legislative Delegations
Legislative Delegations in each county make local decisions that affect our everyday lives. Working within your delegation allows you to expand your reach beyond an individual legislator to influence a larger audience.
For the list of South Carolina County Delegations, click here.
The Goal: Contact all members of your County's Legislative Delegations with 1 card per writer
The Math: # of legislator members multiplied by # of attendees = # of cards needed (allow 5-10% extra for waste)
Postcard Stamps can be purchased in rolls at the post office — 100 stamps = $35.00
Card Stock Paper in 8.5 x 11" sheets can be purchased and cut into postcard size (1 sheet = 4 postcards).
Our ERA Postcard Template will give a unified look. Contact us if you'd like a personalized template for your group.
One Stop Shopping — at Staples
- Download the template onto your computer and print a copy at home; or save it to your phone, and print a copy at the store.
- Pick 8.5 x 11" card stock (65 lb paper). Staples people will walk you thru the copier process.
- Allow sufficient time (probably overnight) to have Staples cut the paper to postcard size.
- Buy good quality pens (like BIC Velocity Bold) if you need them for contrast.
A word about the cost ...
The postage, at $.35/card, is by far the greatest expense. Depending upon the quantity, the cost for paper, printing and cutting can add another 5 to 10 cents per card. The cost is less if you can give Staple's 24 hours notice.
Below are some suggestions to share the cost:
- Ask all participates to donate $10.00.
- Let them know the cost ahead of time and set out a jar for donations.
- Ask a few people to bring a roll of stamps.
For specific messaging for your postcard event, click here.
Mailing address for all SC House members is PO Box 11867 Columbia SC 29211. The Senate address is PO Box 142 Columbia SC 29202.
Do you have more to say, or a story to share? To write a letter, click here.
Questions ... contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.