Postcard Party - House Judiciary Committee (HJC)
Judiciary Committee members are very important to the success of our efforts. ERA Joint Resolution H 3258 will have to be voted through the Judiciary Committee before a vote can be taken on the House floor. To check the ERA status of legislators within the House Judiciary Committee, click here.
The Goal: Contact each HJC member, 4 House Officers, and your personal representative (look it up here) with 1 card per writer (30 cards per person).
The Math: 30 cards/person multiplied by # of attendees = # of cards needed (e.g. 30 x 10 = 300).
Postcard Stamps can be purchased in rolls at the post office — 100 stamps = $40.00.
Card Stock Paper in 8.5 x 11" sheets can be purchased and cut into postcard size (4 per sheet).
Our ERA Postcard Template will give a unified look. Contact us if you'd like a personalized template for your group.
One Stop Shopping — at Staples
- Download the template onto your computer, and print a copy at home; or save it to your phone, and print a copy at the store.
- Pick 8.5 x 11" card stock. Staples people will walk you thru the copier process.
- Allow sufficient time (probably overnight) to have Staples cut the paper to postcard size.
- Buy good quality pens (like BIC Velocity Bold) if you need them for contrast
A word about the cost ...
Depending on the number mailed, finished postcards should cost $.05-.10 cents/each, plus postage, so $.45-.50/cents each in the mail. Here are some cost sharing suggestions:
- Let participants know the cost ahead of time and suggest a contribution they could make.
- Based on number of cards produced, ask 1 or 2 volunteers to bring stamps. A roll of 100 stamps is $40.00.
- Set out a tip jar for donations.
For postcard messaging, click here.
For a list of HJC members and House Officers, click here.
Mailing address for all SC House members is PO Box 11867 Columbia SC 29211.
Do you have more to say, or a story to share? To write a letter, click here.
Questions ... contact Barbara Fry at firstname.lastname@example.org.