Postcard Party - House Judiciary
Postcards are the most effective and economic way to make contact in writing. They are easy to make, least expensive to mail, and most likely to be seen — particularly if you use a paper color that stands out!
The Goal: Contact each HJC member, 4 House Officers, and your personal representative (look it up here) with 1 card per writer (30 cards per person).
The Math: 30 cards/person multiplied by # of attendees = # of cards needed (e.g. 30 x 10 = 300).
Postcard Stamps can be purchased in rolls at the post office — 100 stamps = $35.00.
Card Stock Paper in 8.5 x 11" sheets can be purchased and cut into postcard size (4 per sheet).
A printable label link for all 30 contacts is below, however handwritten addresses are likely to get more attention.
Our ERA Postcard Template will give a unified look. Contact us if you'd like a personalized template for your group.
One Stop Shopping — at Staples
- Download the template onto your computer, and print a copy at home; or save it to your phone, and print a copy at the store.
- Pick 8.5 x 11" card stock. Staples people will walk you thru the copier process.
- Allow sufficient time (probably overnight) to have Staples cut the paper to postcard size.
- Buy good quality pens (like BIC Velocity Bold) if you need them for contrast.
- Buy Avery 8160 label stock if you want to pre-print the labels (30/sheet).
Finished postcards should cost about $.05/each (plus postage = $.40/in the mail).
A word about the expense ...
Dollars spent on this can add up, but if the cost is shared, it lessens the pain. Using the example above, a party of 10 people will generate 300 cards. So $.40 in the mail comes out to $120.00 total. Here are a few suggestions to offset that.
- Ask all participates to donate $10.00 to help cover the cost.
- Let them know the cost ahead of time and set out a tip jar for donations.
- Ask if 3 people will volunteer to bring a roll of stamps.
For specific messaging for your postcard event, click here.
Mailing address for all SC House members is PO Box 11867 Columbia SC 29211. For a printable address list, click here.
Do you have more to say, or a story to share? To write a letter, click here.
Questions ... contact us at email@example.com.