Postcard Party - House Judiciary (HJC)
Postcards are the most effective and economic way to make contact in writing. They are easy to make, least expensive to mail, and most likely to be seen — particularly if you use a paper color that stands out!
The Goal: Contact each HJC member, 4 House Officers, and your personal representative (look it up here) with 1 card per writer (30 cards per person).
The Math: 30 cards/person multiplied by # of attendees = # of cards needed (e.g. 30 x 10 = 300).
Postcard Stamps can be purchased in rolls at the post office — 100 stamps = $35.00.
Card Stock Paper in 8.5 x 11" sheets can be purchased and cut into postcard size (4 per sheet).
Our ERA Postcard Template will give a unified look. Contact us if you'd like a personalized template for your group.
One Stop Shopping — at Staples
- Download the template onto your computer, and print a copy at home; or save it to your phone, and print a copy at the store.
- Pick 8.5 x 11" card stock. Staples people will walk you thru the copier process.
- Allow sufficient time (probably overnight) to have Staples cut the paper to postcard size.
- Buy good quality pens (like BIC Velocity Bold) if you need them for contrast
- For a mailing list of HJC members and House Officers, click here.
Finished postcards should cost $.05-.10/each (plus postage = $.40-.45/in the mail). See graphic below for USPS address placement regulations.
A word about the cost ...
Dollars spent on this can add up, but if the cost is shared, it lessens the pain. Below are some cost sharing suggestions.
- Let participants know the cost ahead of time and suggest a contribution they could make.
- Depending upon number of cards mailed, suggest one or two volunteers donate the stamps
- Set out a tip jar for donations..
For specific messaging for your postcard event, click here.
Mailing address for all SC House members is PO Box 11867 Columbia SC 29211. For a printable address list, click here.
Do you have more to say, or a story to share? To write a letter, click here.
Questions ... contact us at email@example.com.