Postcard Party - Senate Judiciary Committee
Postcards are the most effective and economic way to make contact in writing. They are easy to make, least expensive to mail, and most likely to be seen — particularly if you use a paper color that stands out!
The Goal: Contact each SJC member, 3 Senate Officers, and your personal representative (look it up here) with 1 card per writer (26 cards per person).
The Math: 26 cards/person multiplied by # of attendees = # of cards needed (e.g. 26 x 10 = 260).
Postcard Stamps can be purchased in rolls at the post office —100 stamps = $35.00.
Card Stock Paper in 8.5 x 11" sheets can be purchased and cut into postcard size (4 per sheet).
A printable label link for all 26 contacts is below, however handwritten addresses are likely to get more attention.
Our ERA Postcard Template will give a unified look. Contact us if you'd like a personalized template for your group.
One Stop Shopping — at Staples
- Download the template onto your computer, and print a copy at home; or save it to your phone, and print a copy at the store.
- Pick 8.5 x 11" card stock. Staples people will walk you thru the copier process.
- Allow sufficient time (probably overnight) to have Staples cut the paper to postcard size.
- Buy good quality pens (like BIC Velocity Bold) if you need them for contrast.
- Buy Avery 8160 label stock if you want to pre-print the labels (see above).
Finished postcards should cost about $.05/each (plus postage = $.40/in the mail).
A word about the cost ...
Dollars spent on this can add up, but if the cost is shared, it lessens the pain. Using the example above, a party of 10 people will generate 260 cards. So $.40 in the mail comes out to $104.00. Here are a few suggestions to offset that cost.
- Ask all participates to donate $10.00 to help cover expenses.
- Let them know the cost ahead of time and set out a tip jar for donations.
- Ask 3 people to bring a roll of stamps.
For specific messaging for your postcard event, click here.
The mailing address for all SC Senate members is PO Box 142 Columbia SC 29202. For a printable address list, click here.
Do you have more to say, or a story to share? To write a letter, click here.
Questions ... contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.