House Joint Resolution H 3258 was sponsored by Representatives Gilda Cobb-Hunter and Spencer Wetmore.
Senate Joint Resolution S 262 was sponsored by Senator Margie Bright Matthews.
The Salutation for House members should be “Representative” last name.
The Salutation for Senators should be "Senator" last name.
Suggested message to a legislator who is a sponsor might be:
"Thank you so much for sponsoring the ERA. I support equal rights for all!."
If your legislator is a sponsor, something like:
"I am a constituent, and I thank you for supporting the ERA. What can I do to help?"
Generic messages to either Chamber to those yet to sponsor:
- "I support equal rights and I vote. Please support the ERA!"
- "24 Words for Equality. Please ratify the ERA!"
- "South Carolina women, girls and families need the ERA. Vote YES!"
- "I believe in equality for all, and I believe in the ERA!"
A couple of tips we learned along the way:
- Complete one postcard to show correct placement of information — stamp in the upper right, recipient address in the lower right. The Postal Service may return to sender if their address placement is not followed.
- You may want to do current sponsors first to keep the message consistent.
- Suggest writers bring return labels if they have them (placed in upper left corner) to ease up on writing.
- Provide good pens for good readability.
Questions or concerns ... contact us email@example.com.